Top US School District Websites 2021
Monsido analyzed the websites of the Top 50 US School Districts.
See who ranked the highest for Content Quality Assurance, Web Accessibility, SEO, Response Time, and Performance.
Top 5 School District Websites Overall
A big congratulations to the 5 overall top ranking winners! The Overall category highlights the best performing School Districts for Content Quality Assurance, Web Accessibility, SEO, Response Time and Performance. Congratulations to the following School Districts for their high rankings overall.
|Overall Ranking*||Company Name|
|1st||Northside Independent School District|
|2nd||Austin Independent School District|
|3rd||Polk County Public Schools|
|4th||Prince George’s County Public Schools|
|5th||Fulton County Schools|
Get Your Copy Now!
We’ve given you a sneak preview of the top scoring School District websites, but download the full report to find out:
- The top performers in each category, including Web Accessibility, Content Quality Assurance, Response Time, SEO, Performance and Uptime
- The industry average for all tested categories
- Qualitative insights on school district websites gathered at NSPRA 2021
All 50 US School Districts That We Tested
- Albuquerque Public Schools
- Alpine School District
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools
- Austin Independent School District
- Baltimore City Public Schools
- Baltimore County Public Schools
- Broward County Public Schools
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Chicago Public Schools
- Clark County School District
- Cobb Country Schools
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District
- Dallas Independent School District
- Davis School District
- Dekalb County Schools
- Denver Public Schools
- Duval County Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Fort Bend Independent School District
- Fort Worth Independent School District
- Fulton County Schools
- Greenville County School District
- Guilford County Schools
- Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Hawaii Department of Education
- Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Houston Independent School District
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1
- Katy Independent School District
- Lee County Public Schools
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Loudoun County Public Schools
- Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Miami-Dade Country Public Schools
- Milwaukee School District
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- Northside Independent School District
- Orange County Public Schools
- Palm Beach County School District
- Pasco County School District
- Philadelphia City School District
- Pinellas County Schools
- Polk County Public Schools
- Prince George's County Public Schools
- Prince William County Public Schools
- Puerto Rico Department of Education
- San Diego Unified School District
- Shelby County Schools
- Wake County Schools
How the rankings work
- Scanned a sample of 500 pages from the main publicly facing websites of the Top 50 US School Districts (Largest) using Monsido’s Web Governance software during a one week period in August 2021.
- Ranked the Top 50 School Districts based on their scores in Web Accessibility, Content Quality Assurance, Response Time, SEO, Performance and Uptime.
- Calculated the Overall champions based on the average (weighted) ranking in all categories, prioritizing Content Quality Assurance, then Web Accessibility, Response Time, SEO and Performance.
Improve Your Accessibility Rankings
Benefits of improving accessibility:
By building an accessible website, you open yourself up to a much larger audience as 1/5 of the world’s population is living with a disability that could prevent them from using your site.
Many web accessibility standards overlap with good SEO practices like ensuring descriptive alt and title attributes, checking for correct HTML, and offering a site map to users.
Enhanced User Experience and Quality Assurance
Accessibility means creating a website which provides a good experience for everyone, so when you ensure a good experience for users with disabilities, you can rest assured that your overall website experience and quality will improve.
Strengthen Brand Image and Reputation
Committing to accessibility is not just good for your users, but shows you take your social responsibility seriously and can benefit your brand. So make sure to promote your accessibility efforts.