Top US Private University Websites 2022
Monsido and Cascade CMS analyzed the websites of the Top 50 US Private Universities and Colleges.
See who ranked the highest for Content Quality Assurance, Web Accessibility, SEO, Response Time, and Performance.
Top 5 Private University Websites Overall
A big congratulations to the 5 overall top ranking winners! The Overall category highlights the best performing Private Universities and Colleges for Content Quality Assurance, Web Accessibility, SEO, Response Time and Performance. Congratulations to the following Universities and Colleges for their high rankings overall.
|Overall Ranking*||University or College Name|
|1st||University of Notre Dame|
|3rd||University of Richmond|
|4th||Washington University in St. Louis|
|5th||University of Pennsylvania|
Get Your Copy Now!
We’ve given you a sneak preview of the top scoring University and College websites, but download the full report to find out:
- The top performers in each category, including Web Accessibility, Content Quality Assurance, Response Time, SEO, Performance and Uptime
- The industry average for all tested categories
- Qualitative insights on university and college websites fielded by Hannon Hill, makers of Cascade CMS, amongst digital professionals in the higher education space
All 50 US Private Universities That We Tested
- Amherst College
- Barnard College
- Bates College
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Bowdoin College
- Brown University
- California Institute of Technology
- Carleton College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Claremont McKenna College
- Colgate University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Davidson College
- Duke University
- Emory University
- Georgetown University
- Grinnell College
- Hamilton College
- Harvard University
- Harvey Mudd College
- Haverford College
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Middlebury College
- New York University
- Northeastern University
- Northwestern University
- Pomona College
- Princeton University
- Rice University
- Stanford University
- Swarthmore College
- Tufts University
- University of Chicago
- University of Miami
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Richmond
- University of Southern California
- Vanderbilt University
- Wake Forest University
- Washington and Lee University
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
- Yale University
How the rankings work
- Scanned a sample of 500 pages from the main publicly facing websites of the Top 50 US Private Universities and Colleges using Monsido’s Web Governance software during a two week period in January-February 2022.
- Ranked the Top 50 US Private Universities and Colleges based on their scores in Web Accessibility, Content Quality Assurance, Response Time, SEO, Performance and Uptime.
- Calculated the Overall champions based on the average (weighted) ranking in all categories, prioritizing Content Quality Assurance, then Web Accessibility, Response Time, SEO and Performance.
Improve Your Accessibility Rankings
Benefits of improving accessibility:
By building an accessible website, you open yourself up to a much larger audience as 1/5 of the world’s population is living with a disability that could prevent them from using your site.
Many web accessibility standards overlap with good SEO practices like ensuring descriptive alt and title attributes, checking for correct HTML, and offering a site map to users.
Enhanced User Experience and Quality Assurance
Accessibility means creating a website which provides a good experience for everyone, so when you ensure a good experience for users with disabilities, you can rest assured that your overall website experience and quality will improve.
Strengthen Brand Image and Reputation
Committing to accessibility is not just good for your users, but shows you take your social responsibility seriously and can benefit your brand. So make sure to promote your accessibility efforts.