County of Nevada is a local government website which includes more than 50 different business lines. With so many different entities and content creators all working under one branded website, managing website quality was a challenge and best practices started to erode. The result was thousands of broken links, misspellings, and other quality assurance issues.
Using Monsido saves the organization hundreds of hours by providing a way to quickly find and fix errors. It also serves as a springboard to re-engage content creators and enforce best practice policies.
Yes. It has been a great tool. A great value for certain! We’ve just started a full website redesign project. We are going to be relaunching our website so I’m certain that we will be scanning our new website before we make it live.
We redesigned and launched our new website about four years ago… The only way we could move forward was to change our operation internally. We trained content creators in each of the business lines as best as we could. However, over time, process procedures and best practices started to erode away. We ended up with lots of dead content, wrong content, and bad content. We needed a way to crawl the database to find and fix errors easily.
Before Monsido we were finding errors manually or not even paying attention to them at all. We are essentially made up of 50 different companies. So, as you can imagine, it was feasibly impossible to continue to physically search for errors ourselves. We needed a tool to help us bring those errors and issues to the top.
We worked with Jacob very closely. It was really painless to get started and he tweaked the tool so it ran efficiently for us. Also, I think it should be said that we have a full test instance of our website so we were able to use Monsido there before moving it into our environment.
Our part time employee is using Monsido no fewer than two or three times a week. We have 50 to 80 content creators so new pages and content happen daily. Monsido has been a great management and governance tool because it allows us to get back to those content creators so they can correct misspellings or we can do it for them quickly.
We knew it would be a disaster. I think we had 1,800 or 1,900 misspellings! We had at least that many broken links.
The results were immediate. We made huge changes right off the bat. We had a couple of really nasty broken links which we didn’t realize were there and we were able to quickly find them and get them corrected. The benefit was huge right off the bat.
In the hundreds of hours!
Broken links is our favorite feature. We obviously link to external content within other government entities and those websites also change all the time. That is probably the feature we use the most and get the most value out of so we can make sure all those links are working.
The other feature that is really great is being able to have the error in the list, click on it, and go right to the page and have it highlight where the issues are. It makes it very fast to correct errors.