Top Credit Union Websites 2020
Monsido analyzed the websites of the top 50 US Credit Unions.
See who is prioritizing their website user experience and performance across Web Accessibility, Content Quality Assurance, SEO, and Site Performance.
Top 5 Websites Overall
The Overall category highlights the best performing Credit Union websites for Web Accessibility, Content Quality Assurance, Response Time, and SEO. While the Monsido platform can dig even deeper, these core areas are the leading indicator of how serious an organization takes website user experience, performance and optimization.
Kudos to the following Credit Unions for making the quality of their website and user experience a high priority!
|Overall Ranking*||Credit Union|
|1st||Landmark Credit Union (WI)|
|2nd||Police & Fire Federal Credit Union|
|3rd||Navy Federal Credit Union|
|4th||Kinecta Federal Credit Union|
|5th||Golden 1 Credit Union|
Top 3 Websites for Web Accessibility
An accessible website ensures all visitors are able to use your website and consume its content regardless of age, digital skills, or disabilities. Monsido scans websites to find any possible issues that may hinder web accessibility, giving an overview of the path to compliance, recommendations on how to address issues and which issues should be prioritized first.
With our platform, we recommend organizations get an Accessibility Compliance score over 70% to prove a path to compliance. These top three credit unions are well on their way and we give a big round of applause to Logix Federal Credit Union with a whopping 100% accessibility score, that is nearly unheard of!
|Ranking||Credit Union||Accessibility Compliance*|
|1st||Logix Federal Credit Union||100%|
|2nd||Boeing Employees Credit Union||73.20%|
|3rd||First Technology Federal Credit Union||72.59%|
Top 4 Websites for Content Quality Assurance
Content Quality Assurance looks at misspellings, broken links, broken images, and readability issues. Beyond a good user experience, proper Quality Assurance helps decrease bounce rates, drive more conversions, and improve SEO. Content Quality Assurance requires on-going attention as content is edited or added. The Monsido platform helps you keep track so any issues can be quickly identified and fixed.
With a tie for first, we decided to show you the top four winners in this category - well done to these credit unions!
|Ranking||Credit Union||Quality Assurance Compliance*|
|1st||Members 1st Federal Credit Union||100%|
|1st||Wings Financial Credit Union||100%|
|2nd||Delta Community Credit Union||99.8%|
|3rd||Golden 1 Credit Union||99.7%|
Top 3 Websites for SEO
On-page SEO is still a major factor in search engine ranking. Having common errors like missing H1 tags, broken links, and too many internal links on a page can harm your rankings and visitor experience.
These top three credit unions are leading the pack in the SEO category.
|Ranking||Union Name||SEO Compliance*|
|1st||Landmark Credit Union (WI)||91.74%|
|2nd||Navy Federal Credit Union||89.49%|
|3rd||Golden 1 Credit Union||87.36%|
Top 3 Websites for Response Time
Good site performance is critical not only for user experience but also for SEO as it is a Google ranking metric. Monsido’s Heartbeat module monitors a website’s performance and speed to load to ensure a smooth user experience for your visitors and avoid any potential loss in business.
As they say, time is money. These top three credit unions should be proud of their impressively fast response times.
|Ranking||Credit Union||Average response time (ms)*|
|1st||Police and Fire Federal Credit Union||103ms|
|2nd||Redstone Federal Credit Union||205ms|
|3rd||Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union||226ms|
All 50 US Credit Unions We Tested
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- State Employees' Credit Union (NC)
- PenFed Credit Union
- BECU (Boeing Employees Credit Union)
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
- Golden 1 Credit Union
- First Technology Federal Credit Union
- America First Credit Union
- Alliant Credit Union
- Suncoast Credit Union
- Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
- Mountain America Credit Union
- Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU)
- Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Bethpage Federal Credit Union
- Star One Credit Union
- Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
- VyStar Credit Union
- San Diego County Credit Union
- American Airlines Credit Union
- Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Teachers Federal Credit Union
- Patelco Credit Union
- ESL Federal Credit Union
- OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Logix Federal Credit Union
- Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union
- Delta Community Credit Union
- Ent Credit Union
- GreenState Credit Union
- United Nations Federal Credit Union
- Police and Fire Federal Credit Union
- Wings Financial Credit Union
- Redstone Federal Credit Union
- Idaho Central Credit Union
- Desert Financial Credit Union
- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
- Wright-Patt Credit Union
- Redwood Credit Union
- Eastman Credit Union
- Space Coast Credit Union
- Bank Fund Staff Federal Credit Union
- Bellco Credit Union
- DFCU Financial
- Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
- Members 1st Federal Credit Union
- Landmark Credit Union (WI)
- Kinecta Federal Credit Union
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
How the rankings work
- Scanned a sample of 500 pages from the main publicly facing websites of the Top 50 US Credit Unions based on asset size using Monsido’s Web Governance software during a one week period in October 2020.
- Ranked the Top 50 Credit Unions based on their scores in Web Accessibility, Content Quality Assurance, SEO, and Response Time.
- Calculated the Overall champions based on the average (weighted) ranking in all categories, prioritizing Web Accessibility, then Content Quality Assurance, Response Time, and SEO.
Improve Your Accessibility Rankings
Benefits of improving accessibility:
By building an accessible website, you open yourself up to a much larger audience as 1/5 of the world’s population is living with a disability that could prevent them from using your site.
Many web accessibility standards overlap with good SEO practices like ensuring descriptive alt and title attributes, checking for correct HTML, and offering a site map to users.
Enhanced User Experience and Quality Assurance
Accessibility means creating a website which provides a good experience for everyone, so when you ensure a good experience for users with disabilities, you can rest assured that your overall website experience and quality will improve.
Strengthen Brand Image and Reputation
Committing to accessibility is not just good for your users, but shows you take your social responsibility seriously and can benefit your brand. So make sure to promote your accessibility efforts.